Engine pinging

From: Erika Ipes (msbavior@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 07:33:41 EDT

I have a 1999 Dodge Dakota club cab 4 x 4 with the V-6. It makes this
pre-ignition knock when you give it light acceleration. This truck has been
in the shop 5 times. The dealership can not figure out whats wrong with it.
They have changed the computer and 02 sensor, give it back to me saying its
fixed, and not an hour later its pinging worse than it was. Has anyone else
had a problem like this? I am currently seeking the lemon law on this, but
it seems like Chrysler is sticking me a good one. Telling me I have to come
up with more money to replace a truck that is really screwed up. Or they
will short block the truck, short blocking isn't the answer. The truck is
running to lean, so how is that the block? Any ideas on the problem would be
greatly apprieciated!

MsBavior
http://members.xoom.com/MsBavior/dakota
AOL: MsBavior