Re: Re: Pulleys...........

From: Gordon Adams (rtgordon@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 09:34:05 EDT

<I live in Dallas, and it is HOT!
<So far my fans have held up well, as long as you don't sit around <idling
<w/ac on for a long time. The heat builds up then, and it doesn't come
<back down as easy as it goes up.
<I recently decided that I might try an auxillary tranny cooler with a
<radiator and fan of it's own. Cooling the tranny fluid, the radiator
<water and the A/C condenser is a BIG job for any fan setup.
<I didn't know all this even 2-3 weeks ago, now that I do, I have
<reservations about recommending it.
<I might even go back to the stock clutch fan for the rest of the <Summer.
< Alan S.

I know what you are talking about. I did not have any trouble with the heat
until I put in the 180 degree thermostat last week. Now, the heat seems to
affect my engine temp more significantly. The manual says NOT to change the
stat with anything other than what is specified or improper engine cooling
is likely to occur. By the way, when you say the engine heat builds up, what
kind of reading are you getting on your temp indicator? I have been meaning
to ask you about that.

later
gordon