Re: Where can I get an electric fan?

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 14:35:44 EDT

Alan, what year dak do you have? I took the condeser
off to get the 1st fan on, and it looks like I would
have room.. though I don't know about the depth issue,
this one will be mounted between the condenser and the
radiator.

--- Alan Short <ashort@flash.net> wrote:
> Jon Smith wrote:
> > I plan on adding another 16" on the opposite side
> of the
> > truck, mounted on the A/C condenser.
>
> Jon,
> I tried to mount a 12" in front on the condenser.
> It wouldn't fit, even
> without the gasket, no matter where you put it. The
> hood wouldn't latch
> or even close all the way without hitting. I even
> went so far as to
> remove the grille bracing and it STILL wouldn't
> clear.
> Maybe a 10 would clear, but diameter isn't the
> problem. There is only
> about 2" clearance or less, the thinnest fans are 2
> 1/4".
> An Xtra large single fan, mounted in the stock fan
> shroud, in the same
> location as the stock blades, might be "the setup".
>
> Alan S.

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.653@89.12)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4