V-6 Radiators

From: Paul and Connie (cpopov@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 21:08:26 EDT

Monday, on my 2 hr commute to a network job I'm doin, my Daks radiator
sprung a leak. I limped it back home, and started calling ALL the parts
stores. Guess what?? Nobody makes aftermarket radiators for my Dak!! Only
one out of 15 or so parts stores could get one, and it was $292!!! I
seaqrched on the www today, and found a wholesale radiator shop called
Lakeshore radiator in Jacksonville, Florida that sold me one for $192, or
delivered next day for $219.33. Their # is 1-800729-5522. I mean DARNIT!!!!
Surely there is another route to take, mabye like an older Dak radiator,
etc. I've already ordered this one, but if ANYBODY knows a better solution,
please post it. BTW, I did try patching the 3 inch split with NAPA radiator
epoxy sealant and used utmost care, but to no avail. I also carried it to a
radiator shop and they couldent fix it because of the proximity to the
plastic. I'll let the DML know how my new rad is, I think all the
replacement rads are all metal!!!!!(lets hope)