RE: CB Wierdness

From: Nate (schred1@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 13:43:33 EDT

Hard to say without lookin' at it but here's an idea.
Is it one of those CB's that has controls for the CB
on the Mic? You said if you wiggle the plug it acts
up, well thats a good sign that you may have a short
in the plug or the wire betweent the plug and the
handset. Actually, even if it's a straight mic
without controls it could. Go get yourself a cheapo
mic at the store and save the receipt. Plug it in and
see how it works for a day or so. If your problems
gone, well then you've got a bad handset, you can
either return the cheapo and get a new good mic or
just keep the cheapo. If your problem doesn't go away
then I'd say there's probably something wrong with the
radio itself! (possibly the jack) Hope that helps!!

|Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:01:54 -0400
|From: Jason Bleazard <jbleazard@home.com>
|Subject: DML: CB weirdness
|
|Hi all,
|
|I'm having a bit of a problem with the CB in my '95.
|Background, it's
|Cobra 18 that I got factory refurb. last year
(possibly my mistake?)