RE: RE: mp3 players in Daks Was: Booted the Console

From: MATT ZEITS (darkharlequin@rocketmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 10:21:54 EDT

I just picked up a notebook drive from advanced vision
for my mp3 player...so far I have
Advantech 4825 biscuit computer ~3"x5" $378
4gb notebook drive 2"x3"x9mm $125
4x20 parralell lcd display (dimensions?) $9
 now I need a power supply. The single board claims
it only needs a single 5v @ 2A power supply, but the
peripherals--hard drive, lcd display, gps?--need a
+-12v supply. Any help here would be greatly
appreciated.

===
I tell you this,
no eternal reward
will forgive us now
for wasting the dawn!
--Jim Morrison
http://zeits.net/matt
http://darkharlequin.hypermart.net/

---The Man From Utopia <tmfu@home.com> wrote:

> > At 08:43 PM 6/9/99 , you wrote:
> > [...]
> > >What laptop do you have? I have 2 IBM Thinkpads
(365XD and
> > 760ED), but these
> > >units have crappy sounds chips ( ESS 1688 and
MWAVE DSP).

> > I've got a Digital VP735, or something like
that. Its got some sort of
> > Crystal Audio chipset for sound. Sounds pretty
darn good, especially when
> > you're coming out of the line out port instead of
the built in speakers.

> The Thinkpad 390 and I think the 560 and 770 has
the Crystal sound chips,
> they are nice, but I'll stick with the Mwave DSP
(the newer ones in use on
> the TP600 and TP390E). Then again I am a bit
biased. Considering that I own
> an IBM Thinkpad 701, 365XD, 760ED, and Workpad
(3com Palm III with an IBM
> paint job). Of all the laptops I've worked on/with
I like Big Blue's best.
> Easy to use, and very easy to repair (try taking
apart a Toshiba or Compaq
> laptop and you too can curse whoever designed
them). Dell's are so-so. I do
> not like ANY laptop with the Glide mousepad. They
cost BIG dollars to
> replace and just drop something on them and they
are toast. Just my .02