RE: mp3 players in Daks Was: Booted the Console

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 11:22:04 EDT

> I don't wanna' start a flame war or anything, but MP3's cost the music
> industry billions of dollars every year, and people rely on that money
> for their livelyhood... the more people exploit the ease of reproduction
> of music, the lower the quality of the music will become, and advances in
> technology will come slower... it's already happening... multi-million
> dollar record companies and studios are closing up becuase people don't
> buy CD's anymore.. they copy them or download them... MP3's started out
> as a way for consumers to get music cheaper because they bypass the costs
> of CD's and record stores.. but, of course, people started copying and
> reporducing and makin' CD rippers and stuff... it's sorta like buying
> products made overseas even tho people in your own country depend on
> similar products made in the US for their livelyhood...
> just my opinion....
>
> flame retardent suit on and all =)

You better put an asbestos suit on kiddo cause this is gonna be a blevey...

Yeah it costs the music industry, the folks in their irvory towers in NYC
and LA. The artists (those folks making music) get only a pittance from the
music co's. Thats right! They make their money from touring! Being in the
music industry (a very MAJOR label) I do come in contact with several top
artists on a daily basis. They are all for MP3 and the like. It gets there
music out there, and they just have to tour. Another view is video tapes.
That industry is still thriving even with the prliferation of recordable vcr
decks, DVD's and such. The only people it's really gonna hurt is the suits
that can buy everyone on this list 5 times over on there net yearly salary.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd