Re: Re: Re: Sunroof

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 18:51:34 EDT

Tim wrote:

> From:Tim>magnum318@bewellnet.com
>
> I have that sunroof in my '95 and love it--however there is no way you can
> have a overhead console with a sunroof, because the power switch for the
> sunroof goes between the sunvisors. What I especially like about the Webesto
> model,besides being electric is that if power goes out, there is a little
> trap door near the power switch that when you take the door off--it has a
> manual crank operation

Actually, you can have a shortened overhead console with a power
sunroof. My buddy has one in his Tahoe. The sunroof was installed by the
same company that did the one on my '98 CC. The sunroof itself is an
American Sunroof Company unit.

What they did on his Tahoe was shorten the stock overhead, add a cap
plated to where it was cut off and covered the cap plate in fabric to
match the rest of the headliner. The switch to operate the sunroof was
then installed into the new plate.

It can be done, but not necessarily by just any shop. FWIW, this shop is
in Santa Clara, CA.

Bob