Re: Re: Re: Throttle Body Mods - Again

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 19:12:51 EDT

I haven't run an 1/4 miles on an official track yet (waiting for June 27th),
but I can definitely say that the TB I received greatly improved the trucks
performance...bottom end torque as well as overall acceleration. Good old
fashioned "Butt-Dyno" and a small "traction loss" when power shifting from
1st to 2nd proved that to me right away. Remember though...i've got a V6
with 32" tires...that's not that easy to do.

There are cases where the throttle body was modified with bores that were
too large for the application or just modified too much for the application
which will cause performance losses (which includes HP and TQ).

Regards,

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
'97 Dakota SLT/CC V6