Re: air intake systems

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 02:10:08 EDT

I got performance gains, and better gas mileage goin' from stock to open
element... worth every penny. The truck even feels faster... no proven
dyno tests or anything, but I'd be quick to recommend this mod and I'm
pretty stingy =)

-mike d.

On Wed, 09 Jun 1999 16:01:46 -0700 David Steinberger <das@phcpas.com>
writes:
>About a week ago, someone posted a conversation with a mechanic who
>claimed there was no improvement to the stock air intake system by
>changing to an open element system. The responses I have read to
>that
>post have been very vague. I realize that we all want to justify
>that
>we made good decisions in the money we spend for modifications. No
>one
>has refuted this man's claims so far. Have we all wasted money on
>our
>FIPK, FABM, Quick D, etc.? Can anyone lay claim to proven results?
>for one would love to see test results...ie: I gained .2 in the
>quarter,
>or a dyno test showed a 5HP gain or I gained 1MPG. Personally, I
>don't
>care if it sounds better, or it feels quicker, or how many cfm's it
>produces. I don't even know what a cfm is. Does it offer performance
>gains or doesn't it? Thanks

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle
Tonneau, 14x3 K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                          "It's not a 'little V6', it's just
cylindrically challenged"