Re: RE: Can anyone help with my stalling problem?

From: Sharon& Marty (msdng@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 18:38:47 EDT

> > Could be that thingy in the distributor... Hall effect sensor I
think...

> Thats the pickup assy. The beginning of your secondary ignition system.
> Boog
Here is some interesting info for those who wonder about the pickup
thingy.....it's a camshaft sensor which works
in sync with the crankshaft sensor. I tried back in 95 to adjust my timing
and noticed a difference. Then the list was firing timing questions back an
forth. But anyway, for what it's worth, here is my findings....MOPAR, JET,
leach and everyone else have been unsucessful in advancing the timing of the
Magnum. They can retard and change total advance but initial, no. The
camshaft sensor reports the cylinder positions and triggers the fuel map
settings to deliver the fuel and the spark. Moving it has zero effect on
initial timing. This is why I asked the question to the Chrysler Tech on
this list of the ohm readings when a DRB III isn't available. Moving the
crankshaft sensor does and will make tremendoes power when synced again with
the camshaft sensor. The cam sensor cam be moved slightly to alter the
timing of fuel and spark for improved spark and delivery. Unfortunatly, the
crankshaft sensor needs severe modifications to move it. I build and program
textile equip and always come across a sensor that fires too soon or too
late. My theory? False triggering or timed reporting. I find it hard to
believe, a 318 to 360ci fuel injected, high flow headed decent exhaust motor
makes 220 to 250 horse stock. How many agree or disagree that if I added a
separate distributor and the Magnum single or dual plane with a 750 double
pumper that both motors would be close to 300 horse stock? I ran a cam,
ported manifolds, ram air, pulleys, and ignition and couldn't get past
15.00!!! I drop in the computer and ran 14.00's!!!! My point? They have
programmed the motor for low output. I hope one of the engineers is reading
this because I feel their biggest mistake was slapping in a RAM 360 and
touting it as their BA R/T. The thing was sent to Phoenix for a truck
showdown and ran 15.8's at 89ish. Come on D boys! What were you thinking! I
want a truck that can scare GN's and eat SS Camaro's for desserts! It
shouldn't have left the factory with stock programming much less a 115 mph
limiter and a minimum of 300 horse!!!! Ford's truck is over 130. 150
degree's should have been closed loop operation point not 180 degrees. Let's
not even get into the Automatic only decision. Then the engineers say the
people with add on their own goodies. Wouldn't have to do any of that if the
truck was already in the 13teen's. Back to my original topic now that I have
vented....I am working on hacking the network on the Dak's with extreme
resistance by MOPAR and aftermarket companies. When I am successful, there
won't be any V-8 on this list stuck in the 15teen's or modified V-8 stuck in
the 14teen's from Grandma Chrysler's engineers. Fight the power...
Kuk