Pay Attention to TSB's

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 19:22:15 EDT

>From Dodge Truck Newsgroup

Dodge Folks:

Before your warranty expires, make a point of visiting one of the
sites showing TSB's for your vehicle. I have a 97 Dakota coming off
warranty in November and took a look at the list for my truck. Some
of the TSB's listed items that I had brought to my dealer's attention
and had been told "no problem". This is not that they're not
interested in fixing things under warranty, it's just that the
mechanics are too lazy to go look at the computer listings of the
TSB's and the service reps don't read them.

I brought a dimly glowing (could only see it at night) airbag dash
light to the attention of my dealer shortly after I got the truck.
The service rep. checked with Chryler's tech line and said 'no
problem'....guess what, TSB says replace the ACM (airbag control
module). It will be done.

No problem is to small to complain about.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada