Re: Leach headers

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 19:50:20 EDT

The average time/miles it takes the computers to "re-learn" the settings
(from a complete reset) is about 50-75 miles. (This is according to Dodge,
Jet, and MSD.)

The only change that the headers could have made is probably due to the size
and length. Remember that the size and length of the headers does matter on
where the power will be made:

Large Tube/Long Headers will loose on bottom end but make up for it on top
end (1/4 mile and all out racing)
Small Tube/Long Headers will give more on bottom end at a minor sacrifice at
top (Offroad and Circle Track)
"Shorty" Style Headers will give an all-range boost but with only small
improvements to HP (Street Rods)

Regards,

Bernd