climbing

From: charger69rt@excite.com
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 22:15:35 EDT

From: dakota_5sp_v8 <dakota_5sp_v8@zracer.com>
 Subject: Re: DML: MPG

 After my supercharger was installed, I got 4MPG up the grades
 going from
 seattle, wa to Redding, Ca. on a fishing trip. I was under boost
 of course,
 but was also racing people up to the top. It was allot of fun
 because
 climbing grades really challenges the trucks/cars and the people
 in the lead
 are untouchable. This is where the speed limiter doesnt really
 matter
 because not too many rigs can do 110+ while climbing!

 Joel

Joel and list

My kids go to college in Flagstaff Az and we live in Phoenix az.

We get alot of runs up and down the hills every year.

My favorite is coming out of the Verde Valley towards Phoenix.

Last run back a late model Z28 was pigging the left lane at less
than desireable climbing speed.

As we swung around him to the right he took offense and puffed out
black smoke from both pipes.He never drew even and quit completely
at less than 100.We never saw him again.....

On a different note we have the 3 pulley March set on our 92 Dak.
No overheating, the voltmeter drops to 12v at night idling with air
and lights on.We bot the set from Summit or the Thousand Oaks Mopar
dealer....which ever had the best price.

This was before Patrick had his set for sale.

Our 92 has the Mopar computer,the mopar hi-po cam,JBA headers,and
Dynomax cat-back.Our air cleaner is an open element stolen off one
of our big block mopars.I don't know if this is an improvement over
the can and hose stock setup.

The timing chain we used was the Summit adjustable set at 4 degrees
advanced...we think this may have been a mistake as the engine seems
to have lost some low end but does not know when to quit at the big
end.

continue climbing

rob lipinski