Re: V-6er wants more power!!

From: Robert Howe (robbii@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Jun 13 1999 - 04:39:59 EDT

First of all... winning isn't everything... it's how you feel doing it... as
a fellow sixer... I'd reccommend this...

See if you can get cooler air into the intake.... there's alot of room in
the bay that the V8's don't have the luxury... Fab a ramair down into the
grill area.... (I'm now remembering that the grill goes up with the hood in
the 97's) There is alot of gain in colder air....

Then... consider the exhaust system seriously... Bernd... correct me if I'm
wrong... but weren't you working on a buy for us 6ers for headers from
somewhere... I don't have the ability to backtrack through old stuff at the
moment... but that usually opens stuff up... then... see where you're at...

If they still beat you... which I find funny because I've yet to loose(but
then I'll only challenge another 4x4..... But I've beat 2WD's before) Go get
the OLDS and wipe the floor with em. :)

You also could consider elecric fans... but I don't know about results...

I don't have the data to back up these statements... but they are usually a
relatively affordable area to upgrade.

Let us know what you decide to do... and how it turned out... us 6ers tend
to get lost in the performance end of the spectrum... but don't let them
tell you it isn't great to own one.... :)

Robert Howe
'95 V6 4x4 5-Spd
Bone Stock. :(