Re: 2WD vs 4WD

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jun 13 1999 - 16:51:26 EDT

Erwin,

There is a minimal loss of HP to the rear wheels due to the transfer case.
But this mainly applies when the truck/vehicle has the front driveline
engaged (in 4WD mode). Otherwise...go for it. Mileage will suffer slightly
in 4WD mode...but then again, most of us taking the occasional offroad trip
don't really care about mileage but rather reliability.

If you really have your heart set on a 4WD truck, then by all means do it.
Sounds like you already answered your own question anyway..."I kinda feel
that I can't be without 4X4 but that's just my opinion". :)

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
'97 Dakota SLT/CC (V6)
bernd@texas.net