Spank question

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sun Jun 13 1999 - 22:49:53 EDT

Friday night I got passed by two lowered imports that proceeded to cut me
off, as well as about
6-7 other people.

I was po-ed, but continued on home at the usual pace. Shortly there after,
I came across the two
cars again at a light right before the beginning of a new FWY that I take
home. The one car was
a lowered Honda ???, the other was actually an R/T Neon...

After I entered the FWY neon was WAY gone, and the Honda wasn't far behind.
I was up for
the 'chase' and proceeded to pass the Honda, and then catch up to the R/T
about 2 miles later.
This fwy had no cars on it except us, and is very well marked, etc... Wish
all of So Ca. was that
way!! Anyway, I finally got up behind the Neon, and the guy musta thought
I was a cop, because
he slowed down REAL fast when I was about 100 feet from him.... I passed
him on the left side,
and he looked like he was about the pee his pants... I continued on, and
exited the FWY.

Now the question: My wife's RT has a 112 mph speed limiter (which I've hit
once before), but
this time I went about 5 up on past it and nothing happened. What gives???
Is it triggered by
more than just the speed sensor?? WOT vs. part throttle??

Just curious.

??? '99 RT x 2