Re: mp3 players in Daks Was: Booted the Console

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 02:57:41 EDT

>>They make their money from touring! Being in the
music industry (a very MAJOR label) I do come in contact with several top
artists on a daily basis. They are all for MP3 and the like. It gets
there
music out there, and they just have to tour.<<<

yeah.. you raise a good point...

My beef is that my end of the industry are the people who do the dirty
work.. the engineers and producers. I'm a budding engineer and performer
so I see both sides of the coin. I want people to hear my music, but also
want people to buy my music. MP3's were originally designed to be sold to
the consumer dirt cheap and have abunch of copy protection, but the cost
to R&D the copy protect would've made the MP3's no cheaper than CD
singles so they just dumped the copy protect and put em' out. They knew
people would steal them... it's okay tho... the money is in the touring.
You can't get that experience from anywhere but goin to a concert =)

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle
Tonneau, 14x3 K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                          "It's not a 'little V6', it's just
cylindrically challenged"