Chryslers @ Cayuga

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 10:01:18 EDT

Yesterday, on a sunny and extremely hot/humid day at Cayuga,
the DML was represented by:
  Eddie and Lisa Estoppey 1997 Dakota blue RC 3.9L
  Ron and Tracey Lane 1998 Dakota red RC R/T
  John and Michele van Gemert 1998 Dakota black RC R/T
  Bob and Dave Tom 1997 Dakota red CC 5.2L
Thank heavens for a brisk, tailwind.

Congratulations to Ron and Tracey for winning the Best Show Truck - Stock
award and to yours truly for Best Show Truck - Modified. That makes four
best show truck awards in the last two Ontario Mopar meets by DMLers
(at the Bramalea Spring Fling, John [stock] and Eddie [modified]).

Congratulations to Eddie for doing extremely well in his first 1/4-mile
runs.

Memorable events for me:
  Falling on my @#$ upon sitting in a chair which was not fully opened.
  Hearing the NO2 Mustang explode and then seeing part its hood fly
    straight up in the air.
  Seeing some incredible times and speeds from Mopars.
  Having the Dakota run the 2nd best e.t. (15.5) for a Dakota during time
trials.
    1st was a highly modified '94 (?) running in the 13's.
  Challenging Tracey to a race at the staging area when receiving our awards
    but failing to get the 20 second advantage I needed.
  BTW, something left their salt and vinegar chips in my cooler. Sorry,
all gone.
Great time for a senior citizen.

Looking forward to racing this time at next Saturday's Ontario Mopar
Nationals at
St. Thomas Dragway. Hope to see everyone there.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2