Re: Lightning bolt

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 10:00:51 EDT

>Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 11:52:03 -0500
>From: Alan Short <ashort@flash.net>
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: DML: Lightning bolt
>Sender: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 11:52:03 -0500, Alan S. wrote:
>I was at TX Motorplex on Fri night and there was a local Ford dealer
>there with his N20 assisted '99 Lightning. Yes, Nitrous!
>I went up against him for grins, of course he spanked the crap out of me
>with a 13.44 @ 105.15 to my 14.7 @ 90(super hot&humid)...
>I couldn't help thinking about that 150hp NX kit, at this point.
>It's getting harder to resist going Nitrous!

I was thinking the same thing until I saw a Mustang blow its fiberglass
hood high into the air and demolished its windshield at Cayuga Dragway Park
on Sunday. It happened at the staging light.

It looked like he was purging his system at the lights and the car stalled.
As his 'pit' crew was removing the pins from the hood, it blew. Fortunately,
no one was injured even though the explosion knocked one of the guys off
his feet.
According to the PA announcer, this type has of explosion has happened a few
times at the track. Speculation is that a solenoid had failed (an
undetectible
thing).

It sure gives me second thoughts.

Bob