Re: Seti-ing

From: boydmcguire@mindspring.com
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 12:02:41 EDT

Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence. HUGE telescopes and computers
combine to scan data from deep space looking for "tell tale" signs of
another intelligent life form. SETI@home just uses over 500,000 peoples
CPU's to look at the same data, tso the computers can look at the older
stuff! Just makes things work a lot faster. The telescope can scan faster
than the computer can anaylyze, so this helps even it out.
Blake
'93 LE Silver/White
4x2 Auto
5.2L 318cu V-8