Re: Chryslers@Carlisle...a month away!

From: Sbak1320@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 21:17:07 EDT

In a message dated 6/12/99 3:11:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pjcutler@mailbox.syr.edu writes:

> I would like to go and so would my gf. What is on Friday night.

Friday evening at C@C there will be drag racing at nearby South
Mountain Dragway. They will be shuttling spectators there free of
charge. But, I think it will cost $10 for spectator admission. By 7:00
PM on each day most of the vendors will be done for the day. The
grounds will have at least one gate open 24 hr. daily.

> Is it ok
to come in on sat morn or what is the schedule of events.

Yeah, Saturday morning would be fine. If you wanted to be counted in
 the Club Challenge you should be there by noon.

> What about a
hotel does dml have some rooms booked.

I don't think there is an official DML hotel/motel. I think a lot of the
DMLers will be somewhat spread out at different places. You can call
1/888/560/7666 for lodging assistance.

> And how big is this tent and how
much is it to get under it.

 The tent will be 20' X 20' and will be used primarily as a place for us to
 meet and get out of the hot sun when you want to. It wouldn't be a bad
 idea for everyone (if you can) to bring along a lawn type chair. The
 preregistration deadline has been extended to June 18th. The cost will
 be $30. You can call 1/717/243/7855 to pre-register your Dakota for the
 fun field. Make sure you tell them you are a part of the "Dakota Mailing
List" club challenge. So far I have record of thirteen confirmed Daks from
the list that are pre-registered. There are probably a few more who
 pre-registered that I do not know about. BTW: The cost of registration after
the 18th will be $40.

 Hope to see you and others at Carlisle !! .... Shane Baker