Supercharger Vs. Nitrous, was: was Lightning bolt :)

From: SuperNagz@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 21:40:09 EDT

I'm no expert, but these are a few pros/cons of both:

Supercharger: The dramatic increase in power is basicaly available throughout
the entire rpm range, at all times of driving!! (makes city driving a hell of
alot more fun)

Nitrous: You also get a dramatic increase in power.. but only when you want
it.. and, at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE.... and with the 150 HP shot that is
probaly best suited for our 318 or 360's.. I'm guessing that bottle won't
last very long!

In other words.. although the nitrous might pack very similiar results from a
pass at the race track compared to a blown truck... you obviously aren't
going to be able to use nitrous at every stop light on the street... whereas
on the otherhand, your supercharger is always going to be "on", and giving
you a large increase in power opposed to non-blown.

The obvious advantages of Nitrous is that the one-time startup fee is a hell
of alot less than a supercharger... but keep in mind that you have to re-fill
that blue bottle... and that adds up if you have an itchy trigger finger