Re: First Mopar - same old questions

From: Angelo, Tony (Tony_Angelo@afcc.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 1999 - 11:10:54 EDT

I noticed the Certificate of Origin listed a totally chubby curb weight - I
figured it must be a misprint. How can a "mid-size" truck tip the scales
like a full size? I've got the 3.92 (?) gears - the optional ratio, anyway
- with the posi and full time 'case (usually keep in it in 2WD). I swapped
in 4.56s in the Blazer and swore I would never open a pumpkin again as long
as I live, so stock is it for me.

I'm hoping the K&N and the headers will compensate for the taller meats.
Also, the Hypertech Programmer can raise shift points a bit, and firm them
up. Maybe a well applied sledge hammer will coax a downshift out of the
thing once in a while. Of course, the last downshift I did manage to get
from it shot from OD to 2nd at 60mph when attempting to pass (hello Rev
limiter!).

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my Dak. I like the looks, build quality
(good solid "shwunk" when you close a door), kick ass sound system (CD and
Cassette, how can you lose?), good seats, great dash layout, all the clever
little gizmos, even the Mopar bolt ons are a notch above the usual Smitty
Builts. I'm just disappointed that a mid size truck running a full size
powertrain can get its butt whupped by a V6 ZR2.

Tony Angelo
'99 Solar Yellow Sport, CC, 4X4, Bed Rail/Light Bar, Grill/Brush Guard, 5.5"
Tuff Country Lift, soon to be 33" Goodyear MTs on the stock wheels (love
that powder coat!!)