Re: Re: Re: RE: 99 RC 318 Sport Lease Price

From: Bob B Ford (bobngae@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 02:24:41 EDT

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:41:41 -0500 Mark Mitchell <thorfinn@xta.com>
writes:
>My 99 is a lease. the only reason you should lease is if you can not
>afford
>the payments otherwise (like me). I normally would not lease but, I
>did a 4
>year lease with monthly payments of $422.91,

  This may be a stupid question, but I'm sure some one out there has the
answer for us
financially challenged dodge owners. :)
        We have just got a refinance on our home for improvements and with it
some extra cash. With it we
have the ability to pay off the loan on our 1996 5.2L,CC,SB, Gibson
cat-back, K&N Ram.
    We owe approx $11,500 on it with payments of $483.00 / mo. We have
about 2 -1/2 years
and it will be paid off. Should we just pay it off now with the extra
cash or put the extra $$ in the bank, and if we
can't make a payment, draw it of savings.? Or pay it off now? This is our
1st experience with this sort
of situation. We really love the truck, but we know that it is
depreciating daily.
What would be our wisest move? Any answer if very much appreciated?