Re: Boog's truck

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 08:46:13 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/99 9:23:19 PM EST, shetland@erols.com writes:

> I'm still waiting for Chrysler to get back into Nascar (Rumors
> are out that Firestone is trying to get their foot back in the door
> again too)
rumor is they are pulling out of pro-stock, yet HR mag. says otherwise. Who
the hell knows.
Yeah I called your store on last Sat (sat. of the race) and they said you
were at Dover.
My tires were "scalloping" on the outside. I got an estimate and the idler,
pitman arm, and one outer tie rod were all worn out. Nobody had these parts
either. Except for Richmans. Anyway I got it done for a bill and the
alingment for 35. The pitman arm would not come off! Couldnt get a puller
in there because of the frame. We had to heat it up. I cut open the boot on
the idler and the grease had hardened. I guess they wore out because the
last owner never drove it. My old 87 wore these BFG's well, but this truck
dosent like em. I'm getting Duelers next.
Have you checked out White Marsh Dodge? I saw a white 2wd V8 down there for
12 or 15 something. Probably had high miles though.
I'll let ya know if I see anything.
Paul