RE: RE: NV3500HD oil?

From: McKinney, John R. MHX (McKinJr@hpd.abbott.com)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 13:37:02 EDT

That is actually what I was planning on doing. I have 34,000 on my truck
already, so it'll be up in another 2,000mi. That was actually what the
Chrysler parts guy told me when I went to buy the Chrysler oil. He couldn't
recommend an alternative oil, but said if I was going to use a different
one, wait until it's out of warranty.

Just curious, what problems have you had with your tranny?? What does it do
when it starts to go bad?? I guess I'm lucky because this truck has been
the best vehicle I've ever owned. I haven't been back to the dealer since I
picked up the truck new. Has always run flawlessly, no strange noises and
the Infinity sound sytem still works great. Heck, the dealer was even the
best I've ever dealt with. I know I'm not the only person who has never had
a problem with their Dakota, maybe we should hear from some of the people
who's truck has never given them trouble just to offset the relative few who
unfortunately have had problems. (would that be considered "off-topic"??)
John McKinney
Central CA
98 CC V8 4X4