was Buyback, Y2k R/T Embroidering

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 16:07:06 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/99 10:03:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rtgordon@hotmail.com writes:

<<
 Does anybody know anything about the y2k R/T's. Is the towing problem
 fixed?? Is the engine going to be any different? Are they even going to make
 them?? Why not upgrade to a 2000 R/T if it is a possibility?

Yes. They are going to make a 2000R/T. The changes are these. New interior
that is ok. Im not impressed with the lo line preproduction, but the
production one that I saw today in a Durango is fantastic. It was leather,
oh, which reminds me. Someone was asking about embroidered seats? You get
an embroidered Ram logo on the head rest on Durangos, Rams and Dak high line
models with the leather package. Looks very nice and is indeed actual
ebroidering. The R/T we have has a "roll pan", no bumper. Looks cool too.
Engine remains the same, and as far as I know, the towing problem is only
fixed via the advertising media! Not fixed via the drive train or frame work.
Eric