Re: More Speaker Questions...

From: jimm (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 23:50:35 EDT

If you are installing an aftermarket stereo, just connect the wires the same way
at the speakers then text for polarity at the radio end by touching a flashlight
battery to the speaker wires and watch which direction the cone moves when the
battery in connected. When the cone moves outward, look which wire is on the +
terminal of the battery and you have the answer. BTW dont leave the battery
connected more than a few seconds and DON'T use the car battery. It can burn up
the speakers real quick.