RE: First Mopar - same old questions

From: Angelo, Tony (Tony_Angelo@afcc.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 10:32:50 EDT

I put a WhippleCharger on a 454SS (before the Blazer came along and made me
into a 4Wheeler), and it was awesome the difference it made - and the engine
still started easy, idled smooth and ran cool. And it was a "simple"
install. Who makes blowers for the Dak? And where would one fit under
that hood? It's pretty tight in there. What about driveshafts? Seems like
every off road test of a late model Dodge I read always ends up in twisted
and/or broken driveshafts. Is all that torque gonna make trouble?

I guess by biggest concern is just that I was looking forward to 3 years of
factory warranty, but by the time I get the lift kit in, the bigger tires
and the headers and then add a charger, DC won't even cover a radio knob...

New question: Has anyone noticed the 318 being REALLY influenced by the
outside temp. We've been in a cold spell here in South Bend, Indiana (70's
instead of 90's) and I swear this thing found 50 more ft-lbs! Scared the
hell outta me. Hit the gas and WHOOSH! I was gone in a blaze of Goodyear
smoke (Three tires - love that FT-4WD/Posi Rear combo!) What's up with
that? I know cooler air makes more go, but damn! I've never seen anything
like this. Tranny even kicked down on a pass. Scary. Guess I'll take my
Dak to Alaska and start kickin' some ZR2 butt! Anyone else experience this?
Tell me more about the 180 thermo...

Tony Angelo
'99 Solar Yellow Sport, CC, 4X4, Bed Rail/Light Bar, Grill/Brush Guard, soon
to be 5.5" Tuff Country Lift and 33" Goodyear MTs on the stock wheels (love
that powder coat!!), Jacobs Pro-Street ignition(you convinced me, Brian D!)