Brake Rotors Again

From: Brian Duncan (brian@efogm.msd.ray.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 16:35:24 EDT

At ~10,000 miles the brakes would shudder real bad around 40mph. It
progressively got worse and I finally took it to the dealer for a
checkup at ~13,400 miles. They promptly replaced both front rotors at no
charge. The rotors were warped.

Well, it's been 3,000 miles since then and the shuddering is back. So I
took it to the dealership (different one this time). DC is replacing the
rotors AND the pads this time to fix the problem... all under warranty.
(which is what I would expect!) So for now I'm happy that the problem
will be fixed and not cost me anything except time.

I'm not driving "unusual" (like riding the brakes) or anything. Looks to
be just bad parts.

Maybe this time the problem will be resolved for good. Guess I'll keep
my fingers crossed! If the problem comes back, I'll have them check for
stuck calipers or something as some of you suggested.

I sure wish I was one of you folks that have never had the brake probs,
but I guess it could be worse. At least my Dak isn't just dying on me
unexpectedly and my gas guage is working correctly.

--
Brian D.
     (_____