stereo rumble help

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@icc.vitelcom.net)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 14:12:38 EDT

Hi gang, I need help.
I've installed a Sony 2X35 amp under the seat. I'm feeding it from a pair
of wires that I tapped into the speaker outputs at the infinity amp in the
kickpanel. I got an electronic low-pass crossover at radioshack that accepts
speaker level ins and goes to RCA outs and then to the amps RCA ins. The
audio and power wires are running together under the door sill plate. I'm
running the amp bridged with a 4 ohm resistance in series with an 8"
Bazooka. The feeds from the factory amp and the power and ground lines are
untouched from last set-up I had. I had an el-Cheapo input level converter
into an Audiovox 8" amplified tube.
and had no noise problems(not much bass either).
With this set-up I can hear a constant rumble that varies with rpm's
whenever the head unit(stock) is on. If I turn off the head unit but keep
the amp and crossover on there is no rumble. It really rocks though.
Any ideas?
Any solutions?
Thanks y'all(I'm practicing my "y'all" cuz I'm going to atlanta in July. Any
events going on in Atlanta July1-12?)
Dr. Pat