Ordering a 2000

From: Ron Slakie (slakie@erols.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 21:48:11 EDT

In the next 4 to 6 weeks I will be ordering a 2000 Dakota xtra cab 4x4 with
the new 4.7 V-8. In March of 98 I ordered a Ram 2500 4x4 standard cab
which came out of Mexico and took 10 weeks to get to northern Virginia. Can
you guys out there who ordered 99's give me a feel for how long it took your
trucks to come in. Ordinarily I wouldn't care but I am hoping I'll have the
new Dakota by the time I go on vacation in late September. Also are all the
Dakotas coming out of Michigan or are there other assembly points.
Appreciate any info you can provide. I have read some interesting material
on the new 4.7; the idle speed is 250-300 RPM, each sparkplug has its own
secondary coil and horsepower, torque and mileage are supposedly increased.
I read there was a 3mpg increase over the 5.2.