Re: V8 Magnum Header Gaskets

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Jun 17 1997 - 22:57:52 EDT

Mine were pretty stinky for at least a month, maybe a month and a half. I
was wondering if they were ever going to stop. They did! I too was checking
for melt downs of any kind about every other time I shut the truck down.
Nothing even got close. The coated headers are cooler than my iron manifolds
ever were.

John
98 Dakota 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach headers, DDBC

<snip>
How long before the header gaskets quit smelling? It has been a week, tho
truck is driven in short small trips, still smells and I have checked to
make sure I am not sizzling wires!

<unsnip>