Re: Ram air setups (long)

From: BlakDak97@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 00:10:36 EDT

I have considered looking for someone to punch louvers in my hood to get rid
of some of the HOT air in the engine compartment. There is a reason that hot
rodders did this in years past. This hot air/cold air debate has been going
on for a long time. Go to a road race event to see how they deal with under
hood temps. The drag strip is another good place to look for ideas. They
sometimes run "cool-cans" filled with ice to cool the fuel to make it denser.
I've also seen ice dumped onto intake manifolds to help keep things cool
before a run. Maybe if I could get some Viper GTS front fender vents and
install them in my hood...........
Mike R.
'97 CC Sport 4X4 V8
Rockford ILL.