Re: DML:dealership gripe: Me too

From: Alberto Aguirre (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 1999 - 15:49:13 EDT

I too had a water leak in my Dak ,but get this!!!!!The water collected
in the area where the passenger' feet go. I therefore believed it came
from the front. Boy was I wrong!!! It was leaking in through a gap in
the seal of the brakelight at the back of the cab. It evidently leaked
in between carpet insulation and floor through cannels in the cab
molding and gathered all the way up in front.
    My WHOLE interior was removed to discover the source but that panel
you mentioned is NOT loose on mine so I suggest lighting a match up the
dealers @$$ and get them to do their jobs right....I got bent at the
delaer when I bought my dak so I make sure to bend them over to every
chance I get. Come monday I'm takin my baby in for the caliper 'cause
guess what it is locking. I sure as heck ain't payin a dime!!!!!!
--- SuperNagz@aol.com wrote:
> Ok guys, my Dak was in the dealership all this past
> week.. from tuesday until
> today.. here is the whole story:
>
> I took it in tuesday morning after it leaked water
> incredibly bad through the
> upper rear glass (very rainy weekend here in
> Michigan)...
>
> They ended up replacing the entire rear glass... I
> had had my original glass
> tinted!... so, I had to end up convincing the
> manager to re-emburse me when
> I get my new glass tinted..
> It was a little easier to convince him to pay me
> when yesterday I went to
> pick up my truck because it was supposedly ready...
> I sit in my truck, and
> the first thing I notice is the headliner not tucked
> under that rear plastic
> panel...
> Also.. the rear plastic panel was basicaly flapping
> all around..
> I had them keep it another day, and when I picked it
> up again today, the rear
> panel is still very loose around where the seat belt
> goes through the plastic
> on the floor.
> Can you guys PLEASE look to see if your panel is
> very loose too? They
> wouldn't fix it, and said all regular cab Dakotas
> are like this.
>
> Also, after I took it home, I noticed the lower
> panel underneath my steering
> wheel is half hanging loose... I know for a fact it
> wasn't like that before
> I took it in... I don't have the faintest idea why
> they would have even have
> had to mess with that..

===
Alberto Aguirre
Black '98 5.2L v8 Dakota Sport CC
Mods:Dynomax catback exhaust with dual exits,Clarion cd player,Clear tail lights.....that's it so far more to come