RE: 95 and 97 and 98 SBECs

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 1999 - 15:42:41 EDT

> I was at Barrett Dodge in Athens, GA today checking prices on various
> items for my 95 Dak V6. I also got some info on the 97 and 98 Comps.
>
> I asked for a Mopar Performance computer for a 95 Dak and he said that
> it wasn't in his computer. Said it was probably aftermarket. I insisted
> that there was such and that it was made by Mopar. He said to call him
> early in the morning the next day and that he could call the warehouse
> and ask them, because he'd never get a response from them this late.
> Said he had one listed for the 5.2 and 5.9, but no 3.9.

Check the MP catalog.. Not listed either....but read further....

> I then asked him about a Factory PCM unit for a 95 and he said it'd run
> me $385 bucks!! I nearly wet my pants. How can the Performance computer
> be $250 and the factory unit $385? I haven't got there price for a
> performance computer, but the going rate seems to be $250. They also
> wanted $112.35 for a EGR Valve. WHOA! Anyway...

Good question... I'll check my dealer up this way.. He usually gives out
straight poop on info.. Maybe the v8 controller can be used with a 6er?

> He said that the 98 Computers for the Daks are out and said that he
> could go get
> one and show it to me and sell it to me! So, they must be out, but he
> could've been mistaken as I KNOW there is a SBEC for the 95 3.9L Dak.
>

>From the 1999 MOPAR Performance catalog:

"Peak improvements with the 3.9L enigine are 10hp and 15ft/lbs of torque."

The part numbers for the v8 are:

P5249542 5.2 v8, 1994-95 Man trans
P5249545 5.2 v8, 1994-95 Auto trans
P5249543 5.9 v8, 1994-95 man trans
P5249546 5.9 v8, 1994-95 auto trans

If Swede is still out there, he might be able to shed some light on this...

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd