RE: paint code and part number?

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 1999 - 16:57:39 EDT

> I sent this earlier but I never saw it come back.....

Hmmmm.. missed it... my bad...

> Can anyone give me the mopar part number for some touch up paint,
> code PGF?

My truck has PGF also (95) Don't have MOPAR touchup but I have the
Dulpi-Color # (TX358) right under that it sez CC Code PGF..

> I went to my dealer and asked for some PGF which I have bought
> before and he
> gives me some that is code PGS. I say whoa, that's the wrong one dude and
> he tells me that it is the same as the PGF. Indeed it does look
> very close,
> but to me it looks just a liiiitle bit off. He said they have their own
> sales codes and paint codes and that it was the right one. The
> part number
> for what he gave me is 82300437. I can't find my old PGF touch up to
> confirm if that number is different or not.
>
> I believe my paint (PGF) was called "emerald green metallic" in
> '93, the new
> container (PGS) says "emerald green P.C." Pearl Coat? Sounds like a name
> for a current vehicle.

The Dupli-Color sez Emerald Green Pearl Clear Coat 1996-1997

> So is this guy just unloading some inventory on me or is this PGS the same
> as PGF???
> TIA!

Sounds like one of the same.. CC has used Clear Coat since at least 91 (had
a 91 Shadow that was clear coat).

Just my 2 cents...

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd