Re: Alternator question......

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 19 1999 - 19:28:26 EDT

<< On my 120 amp alternator I had two amps hooked up, a PPI 2350 and a PPI
 2100, the 2350 had a 160 amp fuse and the 2100 had a 60 amp fuse on it, so
 that would be a 110 amp rms draw on the battery/alternator at full volume
 and I didn't have any problems at all, and it was usually on full blast most
 of the time.

Now how do I go out finding out/calculating the amp draw of the lights I want
along with the accessories I have??? All I really know is that total amps of
the accessories 'shouldnt' be over the amp rating of the alternator or
voltage loss/battery drain will occur. I want to run 2-55watt driving lights
and 2-55 fog lights. Other possible accessories I have that might also be
additional sources for amp draw are my MSD ignition, CB, radar detector,
remote starter system, and Pioneer CD player.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6