MSD Mileage and questions

From: Jason&Sarah (Jpm699@email.msn.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 1999 - 22:56:30 EDT

Well it's been about two months since I installed the MSD Ignition contorl,
Blaster SS coil, MSD Super conductor plug wires and champion truck plugs.
My Mileage before was:
City 11.3
Highway 15.3
After:
City 12.5
Highway 13.8
What's the deal with the drop in mileage on the highway???? I'm thinking
about changing the gap on the plugs from .050 to .045, maybe that will help?
Also, how do you know if the Ignition control is actually doing anything
besides taking up space? For example: My home stereo's speaker wires are
all plugged into a JBA 100w subwoofer and then from there the wires get
plugged into the speakers(simillar to the way the ignition wires now get
plugged into the MSD and THEN go to the coil). The speakers on my stereo
still function even if there is no power to the subwoofer. Would the Truck
still start with no power to the MSD, would the signel from the ignition
wires just get routed to the coil, simillar to the stereo signal getting
routed through the subwoofer and to the speakers? I currently have the red
power wire connected to the battery and the black wire grounded. Would it
make a difference if I routed the black wire to the battery?
Any feedback is appreciated!

Jason
98 CC 318 4X4