Re: New Rims & Pepboys Frustration

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sun Jun 20 1999 - 22:25:30 EDT

Go here for a pic....

http://camalott.com/~mrdancer/DAKwheel.jpg

I should get the bike computer in Wed. this week, at which point I'll put
the rims/tires on the Dak and update the pic :)

I went to the local Firestone shop and priced their Firehawk SH30
225/60/15's - they wanted $92 each for 'em, so I told them that
www.tirerack.com has the same tire for $69. Well, to make a long story
short, I wheeled and dealed with them for a few minutes and they gave me 4
tires mounted on my new rims, balanced, etc. for $347.18 - this includes
taxes, labor, etc. Not too bad of a deal, plus they threw in a free Road
Hazard Warranty. Oh yeah, tirerack wanted $37 for S&H on the tires, for a
total of $313 not installed. If I could find a shop to mount & balance them
(tricky, since I didn't buy the tires there), that would probably cost me
$5/wheel if I'm lucky & no road hazard. Plus, the guys at this particular
Firestone franchise were a great bunch of guys, while the Firestone place
across town was full of jerks - be sure to shop around!!!

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate

Chris wrote...