New Rims & Pepboys Frustration

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 20:07:00 EDT

Well, I decided to get some of the AR-767 (black-spoke) 15x8 rims for the
ol' Dak. Went to PepBoys and ordered 4 of 'em since they had the best price
(I called Summit & the salesman swore up&down that ARE didn't make those
wheels for the Dak - oh well, their loss...). However, ordering from
PepBoys was an exercise in frustration. The guy at the wheel&tire counter
wasn't very bright (didn't even know how to spell Dakota!) - he screwed up
the order 3 times and still didn't get it right!! Ended up taking the
order to another guy, and he ended up taking it to Customer Service.
Finally, there was a girl there that had a clue - from her actions and
re-actions, I got the feeling she had to deal with a lot of not-so-bright
co-workers. Anyway, finally got 'em ordered and got out of the store over
an HOUR later :( That was Monday, the rims came in Thursday. I picked 'em
up, got 'em home, and the jokers at ARE sent only 20 lugnuts! I went back
to PepBoys and after standing around for 15 minutes, finally got someone to
give me 4 lugnuts off the shelf (look slightly different, maybe no one will
notice). Remind me to never go to PepBoys unless I want to test my patience
;)

Prices: rims 35.99 center caps 5.99 lugnuts 0.99 - Total: 191.68 + 15.81
tax (8.25%) = $207.49

OK, anybody know? On these painted steel alloy rims, do I put a coat of wax
on the rims right away? Is it a good idea or bad idea to wax the inside of
the rim and the bead area??

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate