Re: HEMI-KOTA races at dragstip

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 20 1999 - 22:58:49 EDT

On Sun, 20 Jun 1999 N2mopars@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/20/99 7:29:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> nbleazard@home.com writes:
>
> << His name is Peter Storey from
> Bradford, Ontario. There has been a recent write up on his truck in
> "National Dragsters", June 11th issue. He was a very nice guy to talk to
> and didn't know of the DML. I'm hoping he'll stop by and visit with us for
> a spell. >>
>

> I met him last year in Indy at the US Nationals. That truck is VERY
> impressive! Launches like a rocket too!!! Yah, in National Dragster they
> have a picture of him leaving the line, wheels in the air. He went 9.77. I
> believe hes gone quicker. I have some pics of the motor in the engine
> compartment, but my scanner sucks.

    I think we all got a few shots of the engine. I know I got a
couple. I'm sure they'll be on the page for this meet when it gets
posted. Looks like a homebrew intake manifold on that thing. The
mechanic said it made 775hp. I could see some custom brackets and
such for the engine mounts, but there was plenty of room left in
the engine bay.

                                              -Jon-