Re: Alternator question......

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 07:37:05 EDT

In a message dated 6/21/99 5:56:13 AM EST, jbleazard@home.com writes:

> Hey Kyle,
>
> Haven't seen anyone respond to this one yet, so I thought I'd get out the
> service manual and look it up. This is from the '95 manual, but I would
> guess that Nippondenso part numbers are consistent across the years.
>
> This is what I have:
> Part # Rating
> 53008646 75A
> 53008647 90A
> 53008651 120A
>
> I have a keen interest in this topic ever since I looked up the amperage
> draw for electric self-recovery winches (300A). I also have the 75A
> alternator, looks like I'll be upgrading that at the same time I put the
> winch on.

Here is another mopar p/n that crosses to a 120A alt. 5234208.
Kyle, you have a 75A alternator, this is the most common alt. put in.
The housing and clock positions are the same for all of these alternators so
you should be able to swap out. The ones I sell do not come with the pulley,
so be sure you have one before you give up your core.
A remanufactured 120A costs around $150.-$160 with exchange.
TTYL
Boog