Re: THE FINAL SOLUTION TO THE RAM AIR DRAMA!!!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 17:47:18 EDT

At 03:58 PM 6/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>After reading and looking at the pics about this Ram-Air setup, I have
>decided to cancel the K&N FIPK order. I think I need to get some more
>information on this Ram-Air setup so I can make an informative and good
>decision on what to spend my money on! The K&N FIPK doesn't sound like
>it would be worth the money.

Brian

For the Ram-Air setup on a '97+ V8, you would have to cut into the
fiberglass encasement of the air cleaner for clearance at the firewall
and then 're-seal' it. The ram air hose on the passenger side will
need to be vertically down and then forward below to the front facia...
the one on the driver's side will have to go down towards the firewall
before being directed to the front facia. I believe this was done
was the stock exhaust manifolds...don't know if there will be obstructions
if headers have been installed. The 4" diameter of these hoses will use
up a lot of space under the truck (at least for the 4x2) when they are
brought forward ... i.e. you'll have to be careful what type of surface
you'll be driving on. For the Dakota, the flat base should be ordered,
not the drop D base.

I believe that the DMLer who installed it on his Dak has an installation
post and the part numbers he used in the archives.

He told me that he was a bit worried about the hoses which are brought
forward with getting snagged on something.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red