Re: Pre mag Parts

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 22:09:56 EDT

>>I still have the 3.91 rearend that was in my truck, but it is not a
suregrip. A friend of mine has a Powertrax unit in his dak and it works
real well. The parts listed in Mopar Performance will work on your truck
all premags are the same internially just some have carbs while some have
tb's. Where in the 18's are you running the first few times i ran my
truck
i was in the 18.8's. I had to adjust the timing to get the speed out of
the thing. <<<<

I ran 18 on the nose twice. My fastest run woulda' been in the 17's, but
the timing at the track was messed up and said I ran a 14. I knew it was
faster becuase my 1/8 was faster and my 60' was faster. I did some
calculations and I figured it woulda' been 17.8 (or something damn close
to it). This is with a stuck T-stat, shot PCV, and shot EGR valve. I just
did an open element 14x3 K&N and I'm redoin' my exhaust system (dropping
to 2.5" from 3") and getting a JET for an 89 to see if it will work on my
88. How did you adjust the timing? I'm very curious about this. Was yours
TBI or carbed?

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle
Tonneau, 14x3 K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                                              "blah blah blah..."