RE: 99 accord test drive = lost hope for dakota power.

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 23:19:55 EDT

Since you have the '97, you can easily replace the speedo-gear. (The
various speedo gears all run about $10.00 from Dodge.) As for "Straight
Line" performance, it's a BIG improvement from 3.55's to 3.90's (let alone
4.10's).

As for the price of the gears: Richmond and Motive-Gear both charge about
$250 for their Ring and Pinion set. Installation normally shouldn't cost
more than $250 from a reputable shop. Personally, Austin Drivetrain
replaced my gears for $500.0 and included a 12month/12K Mile warranty.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
'97 Dakota SLT/CC (V6)
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
ICQ#: 39320084

Subject: Re: DML: 99 accord test drive = lost hope for dakota power.

I have a 97, what's the difference. is there anyway to "correct" it
without
sacrificing more money to the dealer gods?
-Dester