Fw: HELP!!!

From: Mike Hathaway (mhathaway@conninc.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 12:53:07 EDT

 Here's the deal.. Yesterday I was driving my 96" Dak Sport around, and all
 of the sudden when I pulled into a drive way my truck just shut off, for no
 reason. It cranked right up and I didnt think anything of it. Then bout 10
 mins later the Check engine light came on.. I pulled over in a parking lot,
 and started to check the engine. Checked oil - it was fine, checked all the
 fluids - which were all fine. Started checking for wires that might have
 come unplugged and found nothing.. so I figured I'd try driving back to
 work, and check it alittle more there. on my drive back to work the truck
 cut off twice. But it cranks right back up. There doesnt seem to be any
loss
 power.. only thing I've been noticing lately is after I left the truck sit
 for alittle while its alittle hard to crank.. but if its cranked, then
 turned off, and cranked right back it cranks fine.. seems to be alittle
loss
 of fuel pressure when it sits for alittle bit..
 Is there ANY WAY I am missing something? that could be causing this?? only
 other thing I can think of is maybe fuel filter(clogged or something).
 Is there anyway on a 96 dak, to check for codes or anything???

 any help on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated

 Thanks.
 Mike
 96" Dak. Sport V8