Re: Fw: HELP!!!

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 18:07:55 EDT

my dak did this once...
it turned out to be the "pick-up plate". It's in the distributor
somewhere and causes the truck to do some weird stuff. Mine would cut off
while driving and turn itself back on...

about 140 beans to get it done at the dealer.

-mike d.

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:53:07 -0400 Mike Hathaway <mhathaway@conninc.com>
writes:

> Here's the deal.. Yesterday I was driving my 96" Dak Sport around,
>and all
> of the sudden when I pulled into a drive way my truck just shut off,
>for no
> reason. It cranked right up and I didnt think anything of it. Then
>bout 10
> mins later the Check engine light came on.. I pulled over in a
>parking lot,
> and started to check the engine. Checked oil - it was fine, checked
>all the
> fluids - which were all fine. Started checking for wires that might
>have
> come unplugged and found nothing.. so I figured I'd try driving back
> work, and check it alittle more there. on my drive back to work the
>truck
> cut off twice. But it cranks right back up. There doesnt seem to be
>any
>loss
> power.. only thing I've been noticing lately is after I left the
>truck sit
> for alittle while its alittle hard to crank.. but if its cranked,
>then
> turned off, and cranked right back it cranks fine.. seems to be
>alittle
>loss
> of fuel pressure when it sits for alittle bit..
> Is there ANY WAY I am missing something? that could be causing this??
>only
> other thing I can think of is maybe fuel filter(clogged or
>something).
> Is there anyway on a 96 dak, to check for codes or anything???
>

> any help on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated
>
> Thanks.
> Mike
> 96" Dak. Sport V8

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle
Tonneau, 14x3 K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                                              "blah blah blah..."