Re: To Mod or MPI?

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 18:05:40 EDT

In a message dated 6/23/99 11:29:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
GSWillhite@ualr.edu writes:

<< If I mod my existing stock manifold, my net HP will only
 be about 12 HP (per Eric's post). Yet if I get the MPI,
 I'll bolt on 20-25 HP. BIG difference. Looks like you'll
 still have to modify both intakes. I'm sweatin' the sensor
 mods a little more on the MPI, sense no one has done this to my
 knowledge. Big decisions both ways. =0(

GS

Jon has the MPI on and working, well kind of :-) The manifold is OK but there
is a little matter of something else wrong with the engine due to a slight
manual tranny error. Anyway he and I have tried to get a list together of
what extras ya need and where to get them, in fact we have even be working on
making up a kit of the extras, Depending on what year vehicle you have
depends on what is necessary. I have a 93 but am waiting on other parts so
cannot test mine til then but Jon is a 96 and he does have it installed and
working but needs a little fine tuning. As to the increase the jury is still
out but Jon was running pretty darn good when he had his other problem which
is not corrected as of yet.

Bill